Saturday, June 16, 2018

Touching base

So, I'm taking a couple days' writing retreat in southeast Kansas after the memorial service for Richard's mother. Surprisingly, Pittsburg KS has one of the best coffeehouses I've ever set foot in. I've drunk a small nitro iced coffee (after two cups at breakfast at Otto's Diner, so I'm really caffeinated!)

I've missed writing to you. As I said briefly yesterday, I finally finished my first draft of Prodigies -- but that doesn't mean I'm finished with it. It only means that I have something to tear apart in the second draft part. Is there going to be a sequel? Let me edit this one first.

Pretty soon I'm going to put Voyageurs back into the rejection cycle. At this point, I'm not sure I'll ever be published, but I might as well model perseverence for other writers. What I really need to do is get more beta-readers and get information on how to fix the other books.

Beta readers for Mythos -- haven't heard from you for a while. Let me know how bad that book is messed up!

Other readers -- want to be a beta reader?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.