Saturday, June 23, 2018

Full of revision

Sorry I haven't been writing much lately. My doc and I are working on getting me out of a minor depression, but that hasn't kept me from being productive. I've been working a lot on revisions, with a goal of making the work stronger without running away screaming from ever writing again.

I have a variety of feelings when I edit:


  • How did I miss that?
  • Oh no, not again
  • How can I make this stronger?
  • I love this passage
  • What is keeping this from being published? (I never seem to answer that question)
  • Why did I think the world needed to see this novel?
  • Should I continue editing? Trying to get published?
  • What reasons might someone want to read this?
I suspect that, if I were in a more positive place, positive thoughts would take over. If I'm hypomanic, then I start thinking I'm a genius. (Hypomania is great for self-esteem until it's not.) 

I love you and miss you all, whoever you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.