Friday, January 1, 2021

For the New Year



 Happy New Year! I wish the best for all of you in this new year.

2021 doesn't feel any different so far, but that doesn't surprise me. It never does. It's how the year develops that gives us this feeling of a good year or a bad year.

For Americans, 2020 has been a bad year. We've dealt with an increasingly erratic and vindictive president, a total failure at controlling the coronavirus, white supremacy, people falling through the holes in the safety net as they lost their jobs temporarily or permanently, and a horrifying loss of morale as our relatives and friends died of corona. (Other countries have struggled with the virus, the shutdowns, the deaths. I don't mean to say otherwise, but the US's bungled response is worse than many, many countries. and they didn't have a president that made things ever worse).

We want to see our families again, get back to work, pull the poor and struggling up. I am hoping 2021 is the year of healing for us. 

Let me think of happier things -- the blank slate ahead of us and the potential for blessings. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.