Sunday, December 6, 2020

Tired

 


I'm so tired.

I'm in the end stretch, with final exams to be graded Monday and Thursday, and office hours online all week. It's not going to be too hard, but I still wish it was all over. 

I get it. I'm getting older, old enough that I reminisce about Christmas past and old music. Old enough that I would like to do nothing except write till January. (And celebrate Christmas). Old enough that I don't feel younger than my age anymore. Old enough that I don't imagine younger men getting crushes on me. I have become a more sedate version of myself. And, after this semester, a more tired one.

I would like my heart to be lighter. This may not be the year, and perhaps what I need is a reprieve from work rather than joy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.