Friday, July 24, 2020

A Little Bit About a Little Kitten

After yesterday's intense post, I've decided I need to write something fluffy. And purry. And zoomy.

So I'll take a brief moment to talk about my new kitten, Chloe.

We got Chloe a week ago, as in impulse cat adoption after Stinkerbelle died. She's a two-month-old kitten, at the time when their eyes aren't quite the color they'll be and they have little bellies still.



Chloe is a combination of sweetness and orneriness, like raspberry-jalapeno salsa (which I highly recommend). She will spend nights alternating between curling up against me and tearing up the bedroom she's held in quarantine in. Sometimes she thinks my hand is something to gently pat with her little paws and sometimes she thinks it's prey. 

I love this little kitten. Biologists suggest that we love cats because they remind us of babies. I would introduce them to Chloe because she's more like a toddler right now, one who draws with crayons on the wall and then asks for a hug with big brown eyes. 

Chloe makes my dread about going back into the classroom a bit easier to take. There is life, and there is love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.