Thursday, November 14, 2019

Writers' Balk

I woke up this morning not wanting to write.

Actually, it's an editing day -- Whose Hearts are Mountains won't edit itself. But I am not, as they say, feeling the love.

It might be that the 50k/10 days binge edit of Gaia's Hands has taken a lot out of me. It could be because it's a week and a half  till Thanksgiving Break and I'm on break already. It could be because I'm discouraged from the latest rejections. It could be because I'm not sure why I want to get published at the moment.

At any rate, I'm staring at the draft thinking, "How do I fix this?" This meaning one of the big flaws of the first half of the book (having fixed the other two) which is pacing.

I was told there was not enough of import happening in the first half, despite the fact that she gets shot at, rammed into, kidnapped, and exposed to a virus. And has flashbacks from being captured by a paramilitary group. You can see why I'm bewildered. 

I HAVE to work on it tonight, because I'm having a NaNo Come Write Me space at the Board Game Cafe. So maybe I wait till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.