Monday, May 6, 2019

Make time

I need to start writing today!

I've spent the last couple of days prepping and planting in the garden (there will be more to come) and not touching the edit of Apocalypse. But I'm close to done with the beginning part, which is the part I had to add to the manuscript. I don't know if rewriting the second part with its many faults (point of view confusion, dragging plot places) is going to be easier or harder.

I'm going on a writing retreat tomorrow afternoon through Thursday morning at Mozingo Lake. That will get me away from the many distractions here (including cats, which my husband will take care of before joining me). 

I suppose the break was good for me, although I feel like if I don't write today, I'll find something else to do like making plant labels. Or shopping for more plants -- stop it! 

I still have to make myself a routine so I don't spend the summer surfing. I'm going to have a TA to help me organize classes, so I need time for that. And my summer class next week ...

I'm obviously an extrovert, because I'm thinking with my mouth open -- or, more accurately, while typing. But there's an important lesson here for writers: Make time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.