Sunday, March 18, 2018

Reflection

Every morning, I sit in the living room on the loveseat where I keep my computer desk. I stare at the screen waiting for inspiration to write this blog, and to write on my latest creation. As I'm a morning person, morning is my best time to write, uncomplicated by the day's work and accompanied by coffee.

I literally stare at the post editor of Blogger every morning wondering what to write about. I don't ever think I've come up with a topic the night before. Writing this blog is like Chicago-school improv* -- I pay attention and see what see what hits me.

I've written on writing techniques, psychological techniques used as writing techniques, and writers' block. I've talked about characters, themes, and storylines, both in general and in my writing.

I've written about my life -- journeys, mental health issues, rejections, and deep depression. I've mused on muses and coffee and other sources of creativity. I've shared emotions -- sometimes deep emotions.

I write about social issues such as ostracism, sexual and physical abuse, discrimination, and abuse of power. I don't write about politics for the most part, because politics aren't going to be what cures these social ills -- the Peaceable Kingdom, you and I and all those who want to share the world with those not like us, we will lessen those social ills if we extend our arms to help, one tiny moment at a time.

I have been writing in the blog since April 10, 2017, so I'm approaching the one year anniversary of the blog. I've never written this regularly in a journal since -- since ever. I think it's because you're reading, whoever you are, that I feel obligated to keep on writing. I don't know why you read this blog -- you're a Facebook friend of mine, you've stumbled on this blog by way of the labels on notes; a friend of a friend told you to check it out, you have a secret crush on me (just kidding!), you're an agent on the verge of adopting me (I wish!), you're a stalker ... it doesn't matter; you keep me going.












* Chicago-school improvisation (improv) is a form of humor I grew up with. Its best applications, believe it or not, were in children's television programs of the era.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I believe that everyone here comes with good intent. If you come to spoil my assumptions by verbal abuse, excessive profanity, spam or other abuses I had not considered, I reserve the right to delete your notes or delete your participation. I am the arbiter of what violates good intent.